Educational Objectives and Program Outcomes
- Teaching the basic concepts and methods in theoretical and different applied branches of mathematics.
- Developing mathematical thinking, questioning and problem solving skills.
- Gaining the skills of teamwork and effective use of the language of mathematics.
- Raising creative individuals who can conduct research with an independent and critical perspective.
- Educating students who can do academic studies in the fields of theoretical and applied mathematics.
- Providing the opportunity to train oneself in interdisciplinary fields.
- Educating graduates who can find employment opportunities in fields such as education, computers, software, cryptology, informatics and finance.
- Educating individuals who have internalized professional ethical values and constantly improve themselves.
- Gaining problem solving skills using mathematical concepts and techniques.
- Gaining the ability to express real-life problems in the language of mathematics and to solve the emerging problem using mathematical techniques.
- To be able to communicate verbally and in writing on mathematical subjects.
- Acquire the ability to write and use algorithms to solve mathematical problems.
- Being able to have knowledge on the subjects that form the basis of mathematics.
- Having the ability to work in disciplinary and interdisciplinary teamwork.
- Acquire the ability to speak, express and write mathematics in English.
- Recognizing the importance of lifelong learning.
- Being able to realize the importance of ethical values in professional life.
- To have a general knowledge about the history and philosophy of mathematics.
- Mastering the basic proving techniques in mathematics.
- Acquiring the ability to think analytically and abstractly.
- Gaining the ability to research, write and present in a field of mathematics.